FuhQuake Forum Index FuhQuake
https://fuhquake.net

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Team Fortress Movie Released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KillJoy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:26 pm    Post subject: Team Fortress Movie Released Reply with quote

Today tf_finesse.avi has been released, it's 9 minutes long and weighs in at 182 megabytes. The mirror I've got it on should send it as fast as your connection can handle, highest speeds yet have been in the 700K/s range. Go grab it: http://downloads.orbssoftware.com/killjoy/tfmovie.zip
dkure

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

only if i didn't have a stupid cap (i can only dl 3 gig a month then get charge 18.9 cents a MB)

hopefully my ISP will mirror this.

where was this orginally released (i need it for mirroring information)
def

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give the movie a 5/10.

It was done in 16bit color, which looks absolutely terrible, would of been much better had they used 32bit color (-bpp 32 in cmd line). Also the graphics settings could of been tweaked a lot better. FUHQUAKE supports tons of great new eyecandy, which this movie didnt utilize at all, sporting the default.cfg. The movie was also captured @ 25frames per second, making it kind of choppy, it would of been nicer @ 30fps utlizing the NTSC standard (well within the capabilities of all gfx cards).

In the audio department a 56kpbs mp3 was used, easilly could of been 128-192kpbs without a significant difference in space and dramatical increase in audio fidelity.

Most of the frags were avg, some were nice. The tricks were kind of interesting (conc jumps etc) even though compared to dm standards it was a little bit pale, but never the less a fresh perspective.

I don't follow the tf community all that much anymore, but I know drastic personally, and he has some killer demos, as well some of Newby's and Anfernee's sniping sprees. Also missed Chino and Photek in this flick :~(

The movie could have been a lot better had they improved on the digital quality both in the audio / video department. Hopefully they will learn from this and improve their future productions.

-def out
KillJoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, the movie wasnt intended to be a showcase of what fuhquake can do, and it was started before fuhquake was around...

gettind a encoder for mp3 above 56kbps requires a license to my knowledge, and i didn't feel liek doing that as 56kbps sounded the exact same as the songs in 128kbps. Just listen to it, don't judge it by the numbers, numbers don't tell you how it sounds, and it sounds great. 25 fps isn't the reason for some of the laggier footage, the use of qizmo for capturing the clips before fuhquake was around is. And if i had used 30fps the movie would have been around 260 megs instead.

dkure: that is the original and only mirror of the movie.
dkure

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't use lame?

isn't lame free?

they provide encoding between 56 - 320
def

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the content of the movie was good, don't want to bash it or anything, and i know that making a movie pre mqw and fuhquake doesnt do much for the quality (but 32bit color was around since the start of GL and it's a must, otherwise the images looks really dithered). The 30fps would have gone along way towards the smoothness as well. If you haven't hacked your mp3 encoder yet :~(, then use LAME which is as good as mp3, and can encode up to 320kpbs and compress better than an mp3. Perhaps in the future you can use fuh/mqw. Finally the music choice was good, nothing wrong there. All i think is had you improved upon on these tiny things, the movie would be alot more enjoyable. probably like 8/10
KillJoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess ill use LAME in the future, i used virtualdub which only let me select up to 56kbps, i don't notice any difference between 25fps video and 30. I think the parts you're seeing that dont look smooth that isn't the reason. both the frags done extreme movies were done with the same divx settings and i think those were perfectly smooth. I wish the QWTF community was as in tune with .mvd as the deathmatchers are, but I don't know of a single match server we have of people recording them, and if they are being recorded, i certainly dont know about it. The only way I could get more good quality footage in a short amount of time would be for most servers to record .mvds and then if i get enough footage i'll still wait to take any of it until fuh .30 is released with the brilliant sparks =P
def

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be using tin cans for speakers if you can't tell differnce between 56kpbs and 128kpbs. I have OK speakers, and i can't stand anything below 192kpbs, it just sounds like the sound is coming from a metal trash can. :~)
fuh
Almighty King

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to convert qwd's to mvd before capturing, especially when capturing at demo speed < 80%. The more slow mo, the more jerky qwd is. Mvd is 100% smooth even at 1% playback speed.
KillJoy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recorded all the footage except the part for the credits from .qwds at 100% speed, the laggy footage is from the clips i pulled using surmoclient and qizmo back in the day =[
def

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can convert any .qwd to .mvd format using qwdtools. Can be downloaded here http://qwex.does.it
KillJoy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh yes i know...
devin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:08 pm    Post subject: good job Reply with quote

There was some pretty cool stuff in there...some of it was real old which was nice....def doesnt understand how old some of it is I dun think - hes comparing it to his own movie which he just released....and possibly even the movie he released late last year - least I think it was late last year. Some good footage I think all in all...good job.
twisted

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was good, congrats to anyone who has a crack at making a movie.
dkure

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh Sad stupid cap, still waiting to see if my ISP can mirror the fike Sad
SmashCLS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first TF movie I“ll see. Hope it is, at least, as good as FDE2 or something like that.

Def, my sound system is very good and, in 56kbps, I can listen to sounds very well. If you say you can't listen to mp3 encoded with less than 192 kbps, try buying an Altec Lansing sound system and a Blaster MP3 or Live (wich are the ones I have).

I agree that a MP3 encoded in 192kbps is muuuch better than one encoded in 56kbps, but movies are always being improved, as you did with yours. DDE 1 wasn“t as good as DDE 2; FDE1 wasn“t as good as FDE2; BEF 2 was muuuch better than the first version. Wait for a second TF Finesse movie so you can see what they are able to do.

Hope we can make a brazilian TF movie too. There were some stuff around on brazilian foruns, u should check it out.

PS: as in TF you cannot bunny hop (is that right? I don“t know how to write this shit), many tricks can“t be made while playing on a server. Here, in Brazil, only a few servers allow bunny hopping, and only on open servers. If the server is closed for a match between two clans, bunny hopping is disabled (of corse :p ). With bunny hopping we can do many other tricks in many maps, like EWG3, Z7, Crowns1, etc.

Greetings from Brazil, and thanks for another quake movie.. we all say thanks for that Smile
br-jediknight-br

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey SmashCLS, did u see the demos from LZL 3??

Bunny ON!! The best demos I've ever seeing of brazilians tf'ers Twisted Evil
dkure

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! my ISP has mirrored the file Very Happy

for all those on BPA Gamearena have hosted it

http://games.telstra.com/gamearena/resources/files/?action=details&id=4046

now, only 58 mins left at 50KB/s
HOhO!->

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZL demos were very good, but some of those Brazilian players were inactive (for more than a year_).
The yrs of 99/00 most of your elite players were in total action, making Brazilian Team Fortress the best ever (world&#8217;s best TF).
Some of demos with KQ, LC, CL, EW clans are amazing!!!!
When I download the demos I thought &#8220;hahaha Brazilians cant play Quake&#8221;

after watching them I thought "Brazil have the Greatest TF in whole world"
SmashCLS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can I find these demos? I'm not oldbie, as you should know. I began with TF in 2000, wich was almost 3 years ago...

tell me here.. If I ask this in the darkside forum they will only say: "haha".. suks Embarassed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FuhQuake Forum Index -> General ChitChat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: